Entering into the final days before the annual meeting in Palm Springs many of you, like me, are polishing or perhaps even scrambling to pull together your presentation materials.
Here are five tips to consider while preparing for your session:
1. Break your points up into threes — the brain remembers things better that way.
2. Practice until you know your material frontwards and backwards.
3. Avoid too much text on slides. You want your audience looking at you not reading your slides.
4. Power Point Images should be 640X480 pixels
5. Keep in mind that the audience is rooting for your success. Try to relax and enjoy it.
Learn from the experts and get inspired. Google best of Steve Jobs presentations or Pecha Kucha presentations.
Come to the session I’m moderating on the first day of the Annual Meeting. “The Keys to Making a Great Presentation” Monday October 22 at 10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.. If your still working on your presentation materials you’ll be able to pick up a few more tips to guide your final revisions.
I’m looking forward to seeing some great sessions in Palm Springs!
Head of Design
The J. Paul Getty Museum